Changing your running technique and style can contribute to less injuries in the long term and may be especially helpful for runners who have recurrent injuries that have not resolved with treatment.
Shorter assessments of running style on our treadmill can be included as part of your regular physiotherapy appointment, however for clients looking for a more comprehensive running assessment, we also offer a 60 minute analysis.
The more in-depth 60 minute running assessments involve video analysis, including specific advice and exercises to improve your performance and keep you running injury-free, and are open to new clients to the clinic or current clients looking for written recommendations and video analysis with shoes both on and off.
Comprehensive Running Assessment 60-minute Sessions include:
- Video analysis of running technique on our treadmill with shoes on and off
- Physiotherapy biomechanical assessment to identify alignment issues and strength imbalances
- Advice on running shoes/footwear
- Specific recommendations for improving running technique to run more efficiently and prevent injury or rehabilitate current injuries
- Recommendations for strengthening and further treatment
- Written summary of recommendations emailed following session
Our physiotherapists offering comprehensive running assessments are Florence Charbonneau-Dufresne and Katrina Sovio, both of whom have undergone training with The Running Clinic
Running assessments sessions are billed at $175.00 and can be claimed as Physiotherapy on extended health insurance plans.